2015 WHITRAP Asia-Pacific Region Training on HUL
Shanghai, China, 14-17 December 2015
Application Deadline extended:
November 22, 2015 (if not lives in China or visa is needed)
November 28, 2015 (if lives in China or visa is not needed)
The 2015 WHITRAP Asia-Pacific Region Training on HUL aims to update professionals on the what, why & how of HUL with the latest developments in the field. Furthermore, through this training course, WHITRAP pursuit to strength and enlarge the specialist network for HUL in this area of the world as well as its implementation and its capacity building programme. During four days training programme, practitioners and specialists will participate in lectures, field trip visits and roundtable discussion on HUL approach challenges and impacts in Asia-Pacific Region. All of them will be led by Chinese, Regional and International experts. Among others, Francesco Bandarin (UNESCO Advisor and Former Director of the World Heritage Centre), Susan Fayad (Coordinator Heritage Strategy for the City of Ballarat, Australia), Ken Taylor (University of Canberra) and Giulio Verdini (Director Research Institute of Urbanisation of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University -XJTLU-) will present the HUL approach and its Took Kit.
The teaching staffs are composed by experts on the field heritage conservation and HUL approach:
- ZHOU Jian (Director of WHITRAP Shanghai and Professor of Urban Planning at Tongji University),
- SHAO Yong (Executive Director of WHITRAP Shanghai and Professor of Urban Planning at Tongji University),
- Fancesco BANDARIN (UNESCO Advisor and Former Director of the WHC),
- Susan FAYAD (Coordinator of Heritage Strategy for the City of Ballarat, Australia).
- Ken TAYLOR (University of Canberra)
- Giulio VERDINI (Director of Research Institute of Urbanization of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University -XJTLU-)
- Reader for the overall subject and more specific components of HUL
- Historic Cities brochure
- WHITRAP HUL programme HUL Brochure
Certificate of participation of the 2015 WHITRAP Asia – Pacific Region Training on HUL, Shanghai, China, 14-17 December 2015. Participants are requiring assisting to all of the lectures and sessions of the training course.
Participants will be responsible for their round trip travel costs to and from venue location, accommodation and living expenses. In order to cover accommodation and living expenses during the time of the course, participants should plan for a minimum allowance of 800 USD for the entire period.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to seek financial support from sources such as governmental institutions, employers and funding agencies.
Scholarships available: 2 (only for subscription fee)
The organizers only offers limited scholarships to the professionals/ decision makers/ cultural heritage promoters with exceptional profile and who can demonstrate that will carry out an HUL application.
Preference will be given to applicants working in Asia-Pacific Region
Please COMPLETE the attached application form and send it together with the following materials by email to the contact address below:
- One essay of 2 pages, about how can HUL approach contribute to the conservation processes in the applicant’s region? Give specific examples and possible cases for HUL application.
- Framework of Research (conceptual map)
- Motivation Letter
- Endorsement of the Organization where the potential participant works
October 15, 2015
Announcement of the participants selected will send to the personal email of applicants within the next three weeks after the deadline.
Email is encouraged. All correspondence concerning the above course should be addressed in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and application form,